Holiday Appetizer Feature: Wild Game Stuffed Mushrooms
The perfect appetizer for impressing your dinner guests over the holidays has to be Mushrooms stuffed with ground wild game, sweet onion and mozzarella cheese hot out of the oven. Who wouldn’t say… Yum! Now, lets take a minute and talk organic, free range, grass fed, and sustainably harvested. Wild game is one of the best sources of protein for anyones diet, and not to mention no added hormones, shots, or anything! That’s just one simple reason we like to hunt and fill our freezers for our families.
- 1 cup cooked ground
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 25-30 mushrooms
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- fresh thyme
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Slice sweet onion in large pieces about ¼ inch thick. Season with olive oil, salt and cook in a pan. Turn every 2-3 minutes for roughly 8 minutes or until the onion becomes soft.
- In a food processor add the wild game, onion and garlic powder. Blend / pulse ingredients together for approximately 10 – 15 seconds. Remove and add to bowl combining the meat mixture and both mozzarella cheeses. Gently stir together and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter / ghee in skillet over medium heat. Add all mushrooms top side down, and cook for 1-2 minutes. Flip all mushrooms and cook for another minute. Remove from skillet and place top side down on a cookie sheet.
- Spoon roughly 1 tablespoon of stuffing mixture into each mushroom and top with fresh thyme. Cook mushrooms for 10-12 minutes or until stuffing is warm.
Serve, enjoy and impress your guests!