The Luck of the Irish: Guinness Wild Game Burgers
What more could you ask for this time of year? Spring fever has really set in and we’re ready to start grilling, yet St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner. Who doesn’t love a good Guinness? Now, if you mix the two it’s the perfect spring fever bust.
- 1 pound wild game of choice
- 1 – 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard (we prefer this kind)
- 1/3 cup Guinness beer
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- dash of pepper
- oil for cooking
- 4 slices cheese of choice
- 8 slices Falls Brand bacon
- 4 brioche buns
- Add first set of ingredients (wild game through pepper) in a large bowl and mix together with your hands. Once mixed, form 4 equal patties and place on a small sheet pan. Refrigerate for at least an 1 hour.
- When ready to cook, preheat grill to medium high. Lightly oil the grates. Grill to desired level of doneness, placing cheese on for the last minute or two of grilling. Place burgers on brioche buns and top with bacon. Serve immediately and enjoy!