Wild Game Recipe: Bacon Wrapped Venison
Here at SNS we love our wild game. Keep an eye out each month for a new wild game recipe! Here is one that we find perfect for the Holiday Season!
Bacon Wrapped Venison is perfect for the grill and is the ideal hor d’oeuvres this holiday season. Whether you’re hosting a holiday party, Christmas dinner or attending an event, the back wrapped venison will be a hit.
Prep Time: 1 hr 20 min (give or take depending on how many you’re actually making)
Cook Time: 15 min (you do not want to over cook, keep an eye on the meat)
Total Time: 45 min (of you working)
- Package of bacon — preferably thin so that it will completely cook
- 1 lb venison or 4 steaks/backstraps (or meat of choice)
- 8 oz. cream cheese — spread on each steak cut
- 2 jalapenos –slice thin
- 1 cup balsamic dressing
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Toothpicks — soak prior to grilling
- Thaw venison steaks or backstraps, once thawed cut into thin strips approximately 3-4 inches long and soak in a mixture of 50 percent balsamic dressing and 50 percent Worcestershire sauce until coated. Let meat soak for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Cut up jalapeños into small-medium sized pieces.
- Cut bacon into half inch strips.
- Place individual bacon strips onto cutting board. Place marinated venison on bacon and add a dollop of cream cheese and a small piece of pepper.
- Roll tightly into a ball and place a toothpick through the middle to hold together.
- Place the bacon wrapped venison onto pre-heated grill for approximately 15 minutes, turning every few minutes to cook meat thoroughly.
- Keep heat at low-medium heat to avoid over cooking.
Enjoy and Happy Holidays!
Recipe inspired by Jana Waller.