Wyoming Moose Hunting Applications Due March 2, 2015
We wanted to send out a reminder that Wyoming moose hunting applications are due by March 2, 2015. If you plan to apply, now is the time!
While our Wyoming moose hunting opportunities here at SNS tend to be overshadowed by the antelope, mule deer, elk and black bear hunts, we do receive many questions each year about moose hunting opportunities in Wyoming. Drawing a moose tag takes patience or a little bit of luck. Most of the questions we receive each year have to do with how the preference point and drawing system works for moose. Here is a quick explanation of how tags are allocated:
In Wyoming, 75% of moose tags in each unit are allocated toward residents and 25% go to nonresidents. Within the nonresident pool, 75% of tags go to applicants with the highest number of points. The remaining 25% will be issued in a random draw that includes all applicants. Therefore, even hunters who are not yet atop the preference point pool still have a chance to draw a moose hunting license.
It does take patience, but you can’t draw if you don’t apply. And if you enroll in our preference point program, we will help relieve you of some of that headache each year. And in the meantime, there are plenty of opportunities to hunt other species in Wyoming.
Starting with spring black bear, and then the fall seasons for antelope, elk, mule deer, bear and whitetail deer, we offer more hunting options across the state than any other outfitter. For more information on hunts with SNS Outfitter & Guides, please see our Home Page. You may also call us anytime with questions at 307-266-4229, or request a free brochure that includes our entire hunt catalog.