Wild Game Crockpot Stew
Winter may be our favorite time of year when it comes to wild game recipes. Its the season that you get to marry some of the most nutritional protein sources with comfort food. Today we’re sharing another favorite of ours, stew. Whether you’re using organic, grass fed, wild game or beef this recipe is a must cook.
This flavorful, meaty Wild Game Crockpot Stew is cooked on low in your crockpot all day bringing you home to the wonderful aroma of stew! Cooking on low all day will allow your meat to be extremely tender and the veggies to be cooked to perfection.
PREP TIME 20 minutes | COOK TIME 7 hours | TOTAL TIME 7 hours 20 minutes
- 2 cups red potato peeled and cubed
- 2 cups mushrooms quartered
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 1 cup carrot sliced
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1-1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 3/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1 lb venison tenderloin (or stew meat) cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup brown ale
- 1 14-oz can low-sodium beef broth
- Layer your veggies and spices on the bottom of your crockpot
- Add venison to crockpot.
- Pour beer and broth over venison. Cover and cook on low 7 1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaf.