Recipe Feature: Venison Stir Fry
We truly enjoy having a chest freezer full of organic, free range, self harvested wild game (venison). It’s truly a beauty to open the freezer and have a full selection of delicious meat to choose from that day. Another beauty of wild game is you can practically make ANY recipe with it. This month we’re featuring one of our go-to, easy, weeknight dinners; venison stir fry. Seriously, where can you go wrong with venison stir fry?
Just this week we hosted a small dinner at our house and wanted to mix it up from the usual grilled meat, side of veggies and a starch. That said, we were also running on a tight time frame to get this meal prepared, but with stir fry you can bring that recipe to fruition pretty quickly. From start to finish this dish takes up 40 minutes; 15 of prep, 25 of cooking.
- 12 ounces of venison steak, the cut is your choice
- 1 TBSP coconut oil (for cooking)
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp crushed red chili peppers
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos (or more soy if you prefer)
- Sriracha to taste
- 2 cups broth
- 5 cups of chopped fresh veggies
- Broccoli, Carrots, Bells Peppers, Snap Peas, Water Chestnuts, Onion and Mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Starch to thicken to your desire (corn starch, tapioca starch)
- Cooked rice (best in instant pot) for serving
Mix the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, coconut aminos, broth and sriracha. Add the venison and marinate in the mixture for 15 minutes. Heat a wok to a high heat. Pan-fry the marinated venison for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan. Heat the coconut oil. Add the mixed vegetables, stir-fry until starting to soften. Return the cooked venison to the pan and toss to combine and heat back through.
Serve with rice and enjoy!
For more information on SNS Outfitter and Guides or if you’d like to book a 2018 hunt give us a call at 307-266-4229 or click here to request a free brochure.